A leaking roof is a nightmare for many homeowners, landlords and tenants. With the potential to cause massive amounts of water damage to possessions as well as extensive damage to your house itself – there’s a lot to worry about should leaks in a roof occur. This article takes a look at the major reasons as to why your roof may be leaking and more importantly – offers solutions as well as indications as to when it’s time to call in the professionals.
At Precision Roofing, we are one of the leading roofing companies in Cardiff providing flat roofing in Cardiff and across South Wales. If you are looking for a reputable roofing company that has many years of experience and is trusted in all of the work that we carry out then we are a call and email away. Get in touch using an online contact form or call our team now. Speak to one of our roofers in Cardiff now.
1. Extreme Weather Conditions Causing Water Damage
Extreme weather conditions such as heavy rain can cause a multitude of issues for your roofline systems. This includes the pooling of water in your guttering and disruption to your roof itself. Although we have less severe conditions in the UK than in other countries – snow, ice and heavy rain all play a part in damaging your roof. Once structural issues occur – this can cause a whole host of issues including leaking when the next set of rainfall hits.
2. Your Roof Was Not Installed Correctly
It can be a highly frustrating issue because of the fact that your roof is such a significant investment. There are unfortunately a number of rogue traders that operate that do not carry out correct roofing installations and use substandard materials. This can then cause structural damage as the roof is not fit for purpose and can then cause leaks. The other issue is that the more leaks that occur – the worse the issue gets. It’s therefore highly important to choose a reputable roofing company such as Precision Roofing that guarantee their work and carry out professional installations. If you suspect that your roof was not installed correctly – contact an expert and trusted roofing company.
3. Failure to Maintain Your Roof or Neglecting Your Roof
The failure to maintain your roof may not just cause leaks or other damage. You may also find that you are unable to make an insurance claim if you find that your roof becomes suddenly damaged. It’s therefore highly important that you carry out the following to ensure that you are checking the condition of your roof:
- Arrange for the regular maintenance of your roof by a professional roofing service. Evidence that you are carrying out regular maintenance will help you in an urgent emergency in which your insurer will expect evidence of regular maintenance. Ensure that you keep the receipts for all work that is completed.
- Visual inspections of your roof are important as long as you have safe access to the roof area or if you are able to view your roof. Check for visible damage and wear and tear as well as other clear issues such as pooling of water in your guttering for example. If you are unsure or it’s not safe for you to access your roof then get in touch with the experts.
4. Heavy Equipment on the Roof or Roof Access
If you have heavy equipment on your roof such as an air conditioning unit then this can cause structural issues on your roof. If your roof has an access area – you also need to carry out checks to your roof or arrange for regular maintenance. Other aspects of the roofline such as compromises to your skylights, broken tiling or damaged roof membranes. If you are suffering from these issues – it’s time to call in the experts. Luckily – our experts are just a call or email away.
At Precision Roofing, we are one of the leading roofing companies in Cardiff providing flat roofing in Cardiff and across South Wales. If you are looking for a reputable roofing company that has many years of experience and is trusted in all of the work that we carry out then we are a call and email away. Get in touch using an online contact form or call our team now.